After a lot of prayer and counsel from family and friends, today I’m announcing my candidacy for the Texas Senate. I’ve had the privilege of representing much of East Texas already in the House, and I’m looking forward to visiting with old friends and meeting new ones all across this corner of Texas. In the House I’ve gained a reputation as a conservative, independent voice for East Texas, and I want to continue that work in the Texas Senate.
I’m running on my record of defending the border, standing up for life, defending our second amendment rights, and fighting frivolous government intrusion into our lives.
I am honored to have the endorsement of a number of Texas grassroots leaders:
- Ken Paxton, Texas Attorney General
- Sid Miller, Texas Agriculture Commissioner
- David Barton, President of Wallbuilders
- Rick Green, Host of Wallbuilders Live
- Tim Lambert, Texas Homeschool Coalition
- Jonathan Saenz, President of Texas Values
Attorney General Ken Paxton said, “I’ve fought alongside Bryan Hughes as we stood up to federal government overreach and defended the Texas border. He believes in the Constitution and he’s not afraid to take a stand. We need his experience and his courage fighting for Texas in the Senate.”
Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller said, “Bryan Hughes is a proven conservative leader who has never backed down from a fight when the defense of the Texas values of faith, family, and freedom was on the line. He understands the importance of agriculture in our great state and he has joined me in my fight against overreach from the Obama administration when our personal freedoms and private property rights were in jeopardy.”
I’m also proud to announce the support of several Senate District 1 GOP County Chairs:
- Wes Brumit, Harrison County GOP Chairman
- Vernon Eastepp, Red River County Chairman
- Bert Edmondson, Franklin County Chairman
- Sue Evenwel, Titus County Chairwoman and State Republican Executive Committee Member
- Dr. Rex Law, Camp County Chairman
- Carabeth Luckey, Morris County Chairwoman
- Col. Sven Sterner, Wood County GOP Chairman
Would you consider giving us your endorsement? It will go a long way toward helping win this race. Please click here to go to our website and endorse us.
Of course we can’t do this without your help. I’ll be calling on you a lot over the next few weeks and months, but right now I ask that you pray for us.
Just as I have in each race for the Texas House, I’ll be knocking on a lot of doors and listening to your concerns and your ideas. This will be a volunteer driven campaign, and I’m ready to get started.